Yesterday I got the cutest gift in the mail from my best friend. She sent us Santa's long underwear!
The tag reads:
We looked for a stocking
But couldn't find a spare.
So we ended up stuffing
Santa's long underwear.
I could feel that there were treats inside, but it took me a second to realize how to get them out.
You have to open the bum flap in the back! I die!
I was so tickled with this clever gift that I just had to post it for all of you to enjoy too.
It looks simple to make...
- Cut two of the long john shape from red felt.
- Cut a flap shape from red felt.
- Cut a slit in one of the long johns over the bum area.
- Sew the flap piece over the slit you just made.
- Print out a tag with the poem. Punch a hole in the corner of the tag. Thread ribbon through the hole.
- Sandwich the ribbon between the two layers of felt.
- Sew around the edges.
- Hot glue buttons to the front.
- Stuff with candy or home baked goodies.
And while I was at it, I created a few free printable gift tags. Because sometimes I just can't help myself.