My mom teaches the eight year old kids at church. She is the best teacher ever! She puts a lot of thought and effort into teaching each week and it shows. Her class adores her! She made these cute treats for her kids and I just had to share.
It’s an ice cream cone filled with rice krispie treats, topped with buttercream frosting and sprinkles.
There are a few reasons this treat is awesome. They are cute. And cute counts for a lot in my book. 😉 They are quick and easy to make. Rice krispies take less time than cupcakes and they don’t need to be baked, so they don’t heat up the house in the summer. They are also less messy than cupcakes and don’t require a plate and fork to eat. Plus the kids thought it was so funny that they were ice cream cones that didn’t melt.
To make your own rice krispie cone treats:
1. Whip up a batch of rice krispies. Recipe HERE.
2. Make buttercream frosting. Recipe HERE. Add a little extra milk to make the frosting a teensy bit drippier than normal.
3. Stuff the rice krispies into the cone and make a ball shape on the top of the cone.
4. Frost with buttercream. If you made it a teensy bit wetter than normal, it will “slouch” and look just like ice cream.
5. Top with sprinkles while the frosting is still wet.
Does it get any easier? Yay for easy and cute!