My sister, Rachel aka The Stay at Home Chef, and I are giving away a Blendtec blender to one very lucky reader.
What is a Blendtec, you ask? Well, let me tell you a story...
Once upon a time a girl used her blender infrequently because when she did, she did a lot of shaking, stirring, forcing and crazy dancing to get it to work. Thick milkshakes? Nuts? Ice cubes? Forget about it. She once even chopped up the end of a wooden spoon into her smoothie because she had to do so much work to get it to blend right.
Then a magical moment changed her life forever. She got a beautiful package in the mail... a shiny new Blendtec blender.
She started with something basic... a smoothie. Lo and behold, it blended perfectly, no wooden-spoon-crazy -dance required. One sip and she realized that she had in the past, in fact, been eating chunkies without knowing it! The Blendtec put the smooth back into smoothies.
Now the girl was getting brave. She decided to try something that would have been impossible in her old blender. She made her very own fresh nut butter. When the Blendtec Twister Jar produced silky smooth chocolate peanut butter, the girl was seriously impressed.
The girl was so impressed that she began using her blender every day. She made whole vegetable juice, pureed soups, the thickest of thick milkshakes, and the coolest thing of all, whipped cream. The whipped cream was so amazing that she decided to show you a video because you have to see this to believe it:
Twenty seconds to fresh whipped cream? This truly was a fairy tale! The girl was so happy with this new kitchen gadget that she decided to spread the good news throughout the land and even give one away so that others could live happily ever after too.
So here's a list of pros and cons for anyone thinking of buying a Blendtec:
- It will blend anything. 'Nuff said.
- It has a great design and fits perfectly under my cabinets. I leave this pretty girl sitting out because I use it daily.
- It has a touch screen. When we first tried it, my daughter said, "It's like an Iphone on a blender!" I get a kick out of the little messages it leaves me. It is also really interesting to know how many times I have used it. It keeps track!
- It is easy to clean and easy to scrape stuff out of.
- It comes with an 8 year warranty and the company sticks by their product!
- It's pricey. If you want the best, you have to pay for it.
- Uh, it's loud? Is that a con? Aren't all blenders loud? I don't know.
* Blendtec generously sent me this blender to try, but all opinions are my own.