These buttery crisp potato chips drizzled with chocolate and sprinkled with M&M’s and mini marshmallows are the perfect sweet and salty treat.
My husband is a huge fan of sweet and salty treats. Today I’m sharing a fun concoction I tried out on him over the weekend. The whole family loved it! It’s that perfect balance of sweet and salty that makes it so yummy and seriously addicting.
I think this treat would be a huge hit at parties. Customize the toppings and you could make it work for all sorts of different holidays. Red and green candy for Christmas, candy corn for Halloween, red and blue candy for Fourth of July… you get where I’m going.
I added M&M’s and mini marshmallows to mine, but you can top yours with anything that sounds good to you. Here are some ideas:
- Chopped Nuts
- Candy Corn
- Peanut Butter Cups or Reeses Pieces
- Caramel Bits
- Crushed Heath Candy Bars
- Melted Peanut Butter Chips
To melt chocolate chips, I place them in a plastic bowl in the microwave, then nuke them for 30 seconds, then stir. Then microwave for 15 more seconds, then stir again. Repeat until the chocolate is smooth. Usually it takes less than 1 minute of total microwaving time. Be careful! If you overheat chocolate, it will seize up or burn.
Lay out the potato chips on a big cookie sheet so that they are only one chip deep. It’s the same concept as making nachos… wide and deep so that every chip can get toppings on it. You could also use a large serving platter since the chips won’t be baked or anything.
I prefer milk chocolate chips, so that’s what I used, but if you’re a dark chocolate lover, that would be great too!
This snack is ready to be served once the chocolate hardens. You don’t need to bake it or anything.
Chocolate Covered Potato Chips
- 1/2 bag ruffled plain potato chips, approximately
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 10 ounces M&M's, approximately
- 1 cup miniature marshmallows
- Carefully melt chocolate chips in a microwave safe bowl.
- Space the potato chips evenly on a cookie sheet or serving platter so that they are only one layer thick.
- Drizzle melted chocolate evenly over chips.
- Immediately add the toppings of your choice so they stick to the melted chocolate.
- Serve as soon as the chocolate cools and hardens.
Pin it so you don’t forget it.
Let’s Get Social!
I’m sharing tons of bonus content on my social channels and I’d love for you to join me there.