|Yeah, um…can you tell my glue gun has been used A LOT? Ha ha.|
Step 4. Place a small dot of glue on the bottom right corner of the petal.
Step 5. Press the glue onto the left corner of another petal, lining up the corners with right sides together. Repeat until all six petals are glued together into a circle. Then do the exact same thing with the other sizes of petals. Each size will make it’s own ring.
Step 6. Put hot glue on the back of the smallest petals and glue them to the medium layer. Glue the medium layer to the largest layer.
See how I spaced the petals so they overlap and aren’t lined up perfectly? Remember that when you are gluing the layers together. You don’t want the tips of the petals all lined up or it won’t look right.
Step 7. Make something decorative to cover the center hole. I layered paper circles and added a stamped butterfly on this one, but the possibilities are endless….buttons, rhinestones, words, photos…there are tons of cute possibilities.
The last thing I did was to add a paper loop on the back to make them easy to hang up.
It has a completely different feel to it! All I did differently was cut out rounded petals that were a little longer and skinnier. I also added pointed leaves in another color around the outside and a big yellow button in the center.
Some other ideas to get your creative juices flowing:
– Use glitter paper. Because everything is better with glitter!
– Try crinkling the paper before assembling everything. It will give it a softer, antique look.
– Ink/distress around the edges of each petal before assembling.
– Make two identical flowers and glue them back-to-back to make a flower that looks good from both sides.
– Try using vellum or embossed paper.
– Sew around the edges of each petal before assembling. The stitching would be such a cute detail!
– Make a jumbo flower with layer after layer of petals.
I think I need to make a hundred of these. They are so fun and the possibilities are endless!
Well, I was true to my word. haha. Check out THIS post to see all the different flowers I made!