Peanut butter chocolate mug cake is a delicious single-serve dessert you can make in the microwave in minutes.
I am obsessed with mug cakes. It’s like some kind of dessert miracle that you can have an ooey-gooey, decadent treat in minutes and all you need is a coffee mug, a microwave and a handful of ingredients you most likely already have on hand.
I have been making my famous chocolate mug cake for years and today I want to share another amazing mug cake recipe. If you are a fan of the classic peanut butter and chocolate combo, you’re going to love this Reese’s Peanut Butter chocolate mug cake. It is sinful!
The next time you need a little single-serve bite of warm chocolate goodness to satisfy your sweet tooth, whip this peanut butter mug cake. It’s quick and easy and just plain delicious.
I like to undercook my mug cake so there’s more “lava” and less “cake”. In my microwave, it only takes 35 seconds to get gooey chocolate peanut butter perfection.
I will note that the quality of cocoa powder makes a big difference in the taste of this recipe. If you buy a cheap brand, it won’t taste nearly as good. I have had good success with Hershey’s Cocoa.
Peanut Butter Chocolate Mug Cake
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 pinch salt
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tablespoons cocoa powder
- Reeses Peanut Butter Cups or chocolate chips optional
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- Melt the butter in a coffee mug.
- Add water, vanilla and salt and stir until smooth.
- Add sugar, cocoa powder and flour and stir until all the lumps are out. Add the peanut butter in one clump in the center of the mug and only stir it in a little bit. You want a big, melty tunnel of peanut butter in the center once it's done.
- Cook in the microwave for 30-40 seconds. If you want less "lava" and more cake you can cook it for 10 seconds more.
Don’t miss my other favorite chocolate dessert recipes.
Like this recipe? Pin it so you can find it later!
Let’s Get Social!
I’m sharing tons of bonus content on my social channels and I’d love for you to join me there.