Make a reversible wood slice porch decoration with pumpkins on one side and a snowman on the other. This cute holiday craft can be used for both the fall and winter seasons!
- Wood Slices: One Small, One Medium, One Large and One Base
- Black, White, Orange and Dark Orange Craft Paint
- Paint Brush
- Felt Doll’s Hat (found in the doll clothing section next to the dollhouses)
- Plaid Ribbon
- Wooden Dowel
- Electric Drill
- 2 inch Screw
- Pumpkin Stem or Twig
- Wood Glue or Hot Glue
Step 3: Using a drill bit that is the same size as your dowel, carefully drill holes into the sides of each of the wood slices and slip one dowel piece into each set of holes so they fit together. This is what will secure the wood slices together and allow them to be stacked sturdily on top of one another. Use one or two long screws to anchor the largest round to the base piece. Just drill up from the bottom.
Wood Slice Pumpkins and Snowman VIDEO
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
What sizes are the wood slices?
- The wood slices I used are about 7 inches, 9 inches and 11 inches across and the base piece is about 11 inches across, but it’s more of an oval shape. The slices are about 2 inches thick.
Where can I buy wood slices?
- Hobby Lobby has a great selection, but other craft stores carry them and you can even buy them on Amazon!
What did you use for the stem?
- I used a real stem from a pumpkin. You could also carve a stick to look like a stem or use a cute twig or cut the stem off of a fake decorative pumpkin.
Can I cut my own wood slices?
- You bet! If you’ve got a fallen tree in your yard, you could definitely use that wood and cut the slices yourself. But just FYI…sometimes freshly cut wood will split and crack as it dries. Older wood that’s really dried out won’t crack as much.
What size is the hat?
- Five inches