These chocolate raspberry crumb bar cookies are a gooey and delicious dessert!
These crumb bars are to die for! I first had them at a party and practically stalked the girl who brought them until she gave me a copy of the recipe. I just love the tangy jam with the rich chocolate and the buttery crust. Ahhh… they are so delicious!
And guess what? These bars sold for the second highest amount at the auction! I was pretty tickled. I had packaged them up in celophane with a fancy ribbon and label, and they did look pretty irresistable. And just in case you are curious, the highest bid went for a gigantic grasshopper cake that was filled with hot fudge and topped with crushed up grasshopper cookies. My, oh, my, did I want a slice of that cake!
These bars start with a shortbread-ish crumbly style crust. Then you add a chocolate and sweetened condensed milk layer to crank up the gooey factor. Then more crumbly crust, dobs of raspberry jam and a healthy sprinkle of chocolate chips to top it off in style.
Do you see the drippy goodness going on in this next picture? Gah!
Chocolate Raspberry Crumb Bars
- 1 cup butter softenend
- 2 cups flour
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 cups chocolate chips, divided
- 1 14 oz can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/3-1/2 cup seedless raspberry jam
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F. Grease 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- BEAT butter in large mixer bowl until creamy. Beat in flour, sugar and salt until crumbly. Press 1 3/4 cups crumb mixture onto bottom of prepared baking pan; reserve remaining mixture.
- BAKE for 10 to 12 minutes or until edges are golden brown.
- MICROWAVE 1 cup chocolate chips and sweetened condensed milk in a microwave-safe bowl on high for 30 seconds. Stir until chocolate chips are melted smoothly. Spread evenly over hot crust.
- SPRINKLE reserved crumb mixture evenly over bars. Drop teaspoonfuls of raspberry jam over crumb mixture. Sprinkle with remaining chocolate chips.
- BAKE for 25 to 30 minutes or until center is set. Loosen around the edges, then cool completely in pan on a wire rack. Cut into bars.
Let’s Get Social!
I’m sharing tons of bonus content on my social channels and I’d love for you to join me there.