These geometric origami paper bowls are simple to create. With just a little bit of folding and gluing, you can make your very own cute organizers! Get the free printable folding template below.
I own a ton of scrapbook paper. A TON. I can’t help buying it sometimes, it’s just so cute! I don’t even scrapbook anymore! Luckily, I love to make other things from scrapbook paper. These little origami paper dishes are the perfect example. They are a unique way to organize paper clips, washi tape and other little office supplies you want to have within reach.
Let’s get started!
You will need:
- Scrapbook paper
- Folding Template (click HERE to download)
1. Cut two pieces of 12×12 scrapbook paper down to the standard 8 1/2 x 11 paper size. One piece will be the outside of the bowl and one piece will be the inside.
2. Open the folding template found HERE. Load both pieces of paper into printer so that it will print on the back of the paper (not the patterned side). Print the template onto the back of both pieces of scrapbook paper.
3. Cut around the outside edge of the hexagon and along the dotted lines, shown in red in the photo below:
4. Begin folding along each printed line. The interior piece should be folded toward the patterned side of the paper and the exterior piece should be folded away from the patterned side, like this:
5. Spread glue across all of triangle #1, then slide the triangle next to it over until the two triangles overlap completely, as shown:
6. Repeat with all of the numbered triangles for the interior piece. Leave two sections unglued on the exterior piece so you’ll have space to insert the interior piece.
Spread glue on the white side of the paper on the interior piece, then fit it into the exterior piece, pressing firmly and smoothing everything out. Glue the remaining exterior flaps closed.
7. Trim any edges along the opening so they are flush with one another.
That’s all it takes to create these versatile little storage dishes. I’m using them on my craft room desk to organize office supplies, but they’d be great for little bathroom items, jewelry, or as a catch-all on a nightstand or entryway table.
My favorite bowl turned out to be the one lined with the gold foil paper. The shine just gets me! It’s almost hard to believe it’s made of paper!