How to make a creepy edible Zombie brain for Halloween!
Halloween is right around the corner. Are you ready? Every year our family throws a Spooky Halloween dinner. It’s a tradition that’s been happening for many years. We’ve made all kinds of creepy, silly and scary foods over the years and it’s one of our favorite Halloween traditions.
Today I’m going to show you how to make an edible Zombie brain. It’s made out of a personal sized watermelon and was a huge success the year that we served it at our Annual Halloween Spooky Dinner. It seriously looks SO creepy and until you got up really close, you could NOT tell it was a watermelon.
Watch this short video to see how it’s made. It’s easy, I promise!
Zombie Watermelon Brain Video Tutorial
- Purchase a personal sized watermelon. Most grocery stores carry them.
- Slice off a small section on one side so it will sit flat without rolling.
- Use a vegetable peeler to remove all of the green rind from the watermelon.
- Score a line down the center of the watermelon to separate the two lobes of the brain. I forgot to do this part in the video and I think it really does make it look more brain-like. I found it was easiest to use the sharp tip of a knife to cut a V-shaped channel so that just a bit of the pink watermelon flesh shows through.
- Carve squiggly lines all over the rest of the watermelon to make it look like a brain.
If you like this idea, pin it so you don’t forget it!