These pillowy soft pumpkin cookies are dotted with chocolate chips and topped with a crunchy caramel glaze. This is my favorite pumpkin cookie recipe of all time!
I’m telling you, they are the kind of cookies that tempt you to devour a dozen while hiding in the pantry so no one sees you and asks to share. Not that I would know anything about that. Ahem.
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies with Caramel Glaze
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 2 cups shortening or margarine
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups canned pumpkin not pumpkin pie filling, just plain pumpkin
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups flour
- 1 package chocolate chips about 2 cups
- 6 TBSP butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 8 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 ½ teaspoon vanilla
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Cream shortening, sugar and pumpkin until smooth. Add eggs.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Add to wet. Stir until combined. Dough will be very thick.
- Mix in chocolate chips. Drop by the spoonful onto a greased baking sheets or use parchment paper. Bake at 350 degrees for 12-15 minutes, until cookies are no longer shiny. Do not overbake.
- In a small saucepan, combine butter, brown sugar and milk and stir until dissolved.
- Remove from heat and add powdered sugar and vanilla and stir. Spread over warm cookies. You may need to reheat the icing occasionally to keep it from getting hard in between batches. Just pop it into the microwave for 20 seconds or so.
Pin it so you don’t forget it!
Let’s Get Social!
I’m sharing tons of bonus content on my social channels and I’d love for you to join me there.