The perfect Thanksgiving treat, these miniature cornucopias made out of sugar cones will look so fun and festive on your Thanksgiving table.
These cute cornucopia treats would be perfect class party treats or neighbor treats or a fun pre-Turkey snack on Thanksgiving day. I might make one to go on each plate around the table, so people have something to snack on while they’re waiting for dinner. You could even use them as place markers at the table and add a little tag onto the ribbon that says each person’s name. So fun!
- Small Waffle or Sugar Cones (affiliate link)
- M&M’s or Other Candies
- Rubber Bands
- Plastic Wrap
- Soak the tip of the waffle cone in warm water for about 20 seconds. It really helps to put water on the inside too.
- Remove from water and microwave the wet waffle cone for about 20 seconds.
- Roll the softened tip of the cone around a clean pencil and hold it in place for about 20 seconds. Be very patient during this step. It’s easy to tear the cone if you go too quickly. If the cone doesn’t bend easily, try soaking it in water for another 20 seconds.
- After the cone has cooled, dried and hardened completely, fill with candies, cover the opening with plastic wrap to hold the candies inside, use the rubber band to secure the wrap, and tie a ribbon around the outside to hide the rubber band.
That’s it! So simple and so cute!
Readers have had success or failure based on the brand of the sugar cones they purchased. I used Keebler brand with good success. I’m sure there are other brands that would work well, but if you use another brand, just know that you may have a hard time getting the cones to bend without breaking.
Here’s a little video that shows you exactly how to make these fun Thanksgiving treats.
THANKSGIVING CORNUCOPIA TREAT VIDEO TUTORIAL
Like this idea? Pin it to save it for later!