Create this cute Santa ornament out of popsicle sticks. It’s a fun and easy Christmas craft for kids.
Christmas will be here before you know it. Over the next few weeks I’ll be sharing all sorts of Christmas craft ideas so that you have time to decide what crafts you want to make and actually shop for the supplies in time to enjoy your creations during December.
Today I’m participating in the Handmade Holidays blog hop. Lots of other creative peeps are sharing their fun ideas today too, so be sure to scroll to the end of the post to see links to all of the other awesome holiday projects.
If you’re looking for Christmas craft to do with school aged kids, these Santa Claus ornaments made of popsicle sticks would be perfect for a class party activity.
To make your own ornaments, you will need:
- Mini Wooden Craft Sticks (8 per ornament)
- White Craft Paint
- Red Craft Paint
- White Pom Poms
- Bakers Twine, Ribbon or String
- Printable Santa Claus Craft Background
- Hot glue or white school glue
1. Download the free printable Santa Claus face from the link in the supply list above. Print on cardstock. Cut out each Santa.
2. For each Santa, paint two red popsicle sticks and six white sticks.
3. When the sticks are dry, use hot glue (or Elmer’s glue for kids) to attach the sticks to the cardstock background. Start with the red hat pieces, then the beard pieces, then apply the white hat brim piece last.
4. Add a fluffy white pom pom to the point of the hat and glue a loop of string or twine to the back for hanging.
And that’s it! It’s a super simple craft, but that’s what makes it perfect to do with kids.
Happy Crafting and Merry Christmas!