HomeLifePinterest Tested: Fuller Lashes Using Baby Powder
Pinterest Tested: Fuller Lashes Using Baby Powder
Welcome to Pinterest Tested! Ever wonder if that miracle cleaner is really miraculous? Or what about that homemade facial cleanser or delicious-looking recipe? This is the place to find out! Each Monday I am testing Pins that catch my eye to see if they really live up to the claims made on Pinterest. It’s like the Mythbusters of Domesticity!
I saw THIS PIN that says you can achieve longer-looking lashes by using baby powder with your mascara. What girl doesn’t want longer lashes? So I had to try it out.
Here’s what you need:
Here’s what I did:
1. Sprinkle a little baby powder into a small container.
2. Apply mascara to upper lashes of one eye.
3. While mascara is still wet, dip the cotton swab into the baby powder, close your eye, and dust your lashes, especially the tips.
4. Apply a second coat of mascara until you can’t see any more of the powder showing through.
5. Repeat with bottom lashes and the other eye. Just do one part at a time so that the mascara doesn’t dry out before you have a chance to get the baby powder to stick onto it.
Here’s how my eyes looked:
A few comments…
– It is really hard to get a good picture of my own eyelashes.
– It is really painful to look at closeups of my face. Bleh! Too many pores and wrinkles and freckles and… Ack!
– The difference was a little bit more noticeable in real life than it is in this picture, but like I said before, I had a really hard time getting a good picture.
– That said, I walked around all day with only one baby powdered eye and no one said to me, “Sheesh! Your eyelashes are lopsided!” It really only made a small difference for me.
So the bottom line is that it worked… sort of. But it wasn’t like all of a sudden people were asking me if I had false lashes or anything. Therefore, this Pinterest Tested earns: